Friday, June 17, 2011

Break off....


Times Sqaure-the heart of New York
Drrroooolllsss....the bestest chocolate bar!
I know,I know!!I am very late in writing about my trip of 18days but what the hell,better late than never ;) Everything about this trip has been very special to me!Its my graduation gift from my family and I worked really hard to make this trip work.Setting and adjusting everyone's time schedules and setting out 18days was really tough,I must admit!There were three such particular instants when everything blew apart and the trip almost got canned,but well I didn't give up and we got there.
Best place to unwind-Central Park
Busy bustling Manhattan!!
The first few day,we were at NYC-Manhattan and I am in love with the fast paced life!Hence,I absolutely loved Manhattan!I would just walk down random streets,running and jostling like the locals but with a map in tow!I almost made my Mom and my brother walk down miles altogether because I couldn't get trapped in a cab when all the fun was out there!I thought NYC is pretty much like Mumbai,especially the fast paced life,the high end boutiques,the fun cafes and bistros all around town.Times Square is like a marvel to me,its full of glitz,glamour,so hip and spells exuburence at every corner.We went to Max Brenner's and it is THE BEST CHOCOLATE PLACE EVER!!You can smell the sweet aroma of chocolate as soon as you enter the place.It is the most innovative chocolate bar ever;everything from the chocolate shots filled up in huge syringes to the elaborate range of chocolates and truffles and bourbons on display...ahh the list is endless...its a heaven out there for us ladies!!After all nothing can satisfy a woman as much as chocolate can,right!! ;)

The Swarovski ball!
Its really wierd to me how you feel you have something related or a belonging kind of a feeling in a place where you have never ever been!But Mumbai is my first love and NYC-you are the second love for sure!!
Our trip then progressed onto a few states here and there,catching up with cousins and relatives and meeting confused desis,seeing their lives,the differences and the similarities amongst all of us!!I realized, that the saying-YOU CAN TAKE AN INDIAN OUT OF INDIA BUT YOU CAN'T TAKE THE INDIANESS OUT OF THE INDIAN!!-is so so true! :D Also.I have seen my cousins as carefree bachelors and bachelorettes;and to suddenly see them all grown up into full time moms,dads,husband and wives was so different and speechless for me!It dawned on me as well;hell am I also age into all this one day!!really freaky huhh!!
the endless ocean at Miami!
Of late I have been very confused about where to pursue my further studies-India or USA? and well I thought that this trip would help me understand but  no luck,hell I am still HIGHLY CONFUSED!
Then it was time for Miaminesss!!!After all of the catching up with my cousins and relatives,I landed up in Miami for 3days(I know too less).Mannnn!!!that place is the best place to relax,rewind,introspect and just de-stress!It was perfect for me because I was to get back to the hectic life of a Trainee Doctor ;) the minute I landed back home and Miami was so perfect to prepare me for that.In fact,I felt like I had so much time to myself to rewind and replay all the bits of my life!And it felt SOOOO GOOODDD,so much so that by the end of the three days I was determined to put in my best shot for work,but somewhere a big part of me just didn't want to leave the beach and the marvelous ocean.I would just walk along the shore,just watching the clear turquoise blue water,relaxing on the pristine white sands!For sure,the ocean is the biggest marvel of the nature!When calm,the waves help you realise that whatever goes up has to come down and get calm always just like the waves curling up on the shores!But when angry those waves can kill you!Look what the tsunami did!!Its a huge wonder and mystery to me how God got this one made!! :P
But by the end of Miami,I atleast have one dream to work on-to have an ocean facing apartment!That is my 2nd goal,the 1st one being-turning out a good polished doctor! :D
And with that,ends my 18days of fun,frolic family time!It was worth all the hard work for the lovely bitter sweet memories that we chanced upon in 18days!It also made me realise that Medicine is my first and last ultimate love,for I couldn't believe that I was missing all the "On Calls"! I was enjoying eating all my meals on time,waking up and sleeping at my own disposal;but after a few days it just didn't felt like me!Just 2months of living as a Doctor has done this to me!I guess internship just ruined me for all the fun in life ;)
So here I am back to Mumbai,the lovely monsoons,my greatest bestest friends and Medicine and to where I rightfully belong!

No comments:

Post a Comment