Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Beholding the Rains!!


So,I stay in India,where the monsoons are a separate season altogether!It just keeps raining every now and then and like cats and dogs at time.For instance-the 26/07 rains were horrid,it was a deluge,it was unimaginable.But when you get to think about it,the reason for that mishap was not the poor rains,it was because of the lack of our country to handle it!
Anyways,this is not what the post is about!It is about Rains and the monsoons!The way everything turns lush green when it starts dripping,how every bird seems to sing and dance when its pouring!Not to mention,what happens to the heart during this season is beyond word!Yes I am getting all mushy over here,but you can't blame me,its the weather!!
Like every bollywood movie has always taught us,Rains are a symbol of romance and love being in the air!Just the pleasant breeze and the drizzles or sometimes even the heavy showers are so breathtakingly beautiful!They make for good long walks along the shores!Its just the atmosphere that brings out the hopeless romantic in me,I guess.A tub of hot popcorn and a sweet rom-com is the perfect concoction to enjoy the true warmth of the rains; or just a really really long walk with hot yummy corn on the cob,does the trick!
I find this weather a great time for introspection and self searching as well!As a kid,I used to just keep staring out of the window pane and wait for the fog to accumulate only so that I could make different patterns and engrave mines and my brothers names on the window!It was like some sort of 'cool window art' for me!But as times have passed,I have grown and seen enough monsoons to know that the rains can as well relate to sadness and sorrow,just as if the skies were crying out with me,taking part of my sorrow away!
Well what to say,happiness and sorrows are like two seasons in itself,one incomplete without the other,they don't wait for anyone to come in your life and won't wait for you permission to go away as well!So till that is ever changing,the monsoons,the rains,the breeze have never changed.It's just my equation with them is a sort of hate-love types but I can't ever ignore it!

Do tell me about your hate-love experiences with The Rain God up there!Would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment